Need something to do with those left over boiled Easter eggs? Try making something different from the typical deviled egg. These are pretty easy to make, have a kick to them, and look badass. Also check out these Avocado Lime Deviled Eggs with Smoked Paprika.
(Serves about 12 to 24, brining takes about 6 hours)
For the Brine
- 6 – 12 eggs
- 1 jar pickled beets
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- sprigs of rosemary
For the Filling
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup of prepared horseradish sauce
- 1/2 tsp dijon style mustard
- fresh ground black pepper and salt to taste
- cooked crumbled bacon
- garnish with fresh chives
- Place the eggs in a pot making sure the water covers the eggs. Bring to a boil, turn the heat off, cover the pan and let the eggs finish cooking for 10 mins. Place eggs under cold water and set aside.
- For the brine pour the jar of pickled beets into a large bowl. Add the vinegar and rosemary sprigs. Stir well. You can reserve the pickled beets for salads or whatever.
- Peel shells off of the eggs and cut in half. Remove yolks into a food processor.
- Place the eggs into the brine and cover in the fridge for several hours or overnight. The longer they marinate, the stronger the color and pickled flavor.
- To make the filling combine yolks, yogurt, horseradish, mustard, and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Pipe filling into eggs using a piping bag. Garnish with chives and bacon and enjoy!