These stuffed mushrooms are easy to make and versatile. It’s a basic simple recipe I use, but if you want to change things up you can add pretty much anything to it. Occasionally I’ll add sausage, crab, spinach, pesto, peppers, or bacon, etc. Get creative. Stuff yo ‘shrooms. Stuff yo face.
- 16oz pack of whole white button or portabello mushrooms
- 1 5oz garlic & herb Boursin cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
Yields about 20 – 25 mushrooms
Rinse and remove stems from mushrooms.
Mix cheeses, onions, pepper, and egg together.
Spoon and stuff the filling into mushroom caps. Roll the tops of stuffed mushrooms in bread crumbs.
Bake on a sheet pan at 400 degrees for 15-20 mins or until the tops are lightly browned.